You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check the color profiles installed in my MacBook Air ( macOS Monterey 12.6.1 ) ?

Software Nikon: NX Studio 1.2.2 64 bit

Problem occurred while setting the color profile

Settings: Adjust color management settings/Profiles for images/default RGB color space/ Use this instead of an embedded profile when opening images.

I can't complete the setup because all the Nikon Profiles are missing from the list of available profiles where I can make my choice"

For this reason I asked the following question to Nikon Support

The response from Nikon Support was as follows:

Subject: Color management for Nikon NX Studio version 1.2.2 64 bit 

Thank you for choosing the Nikon European Support service, we have carried out the necessary checks and can confirm that the color profiles are not directly derived from the software . NX Studio, in fact, takes advantage of the color profiles present in the system. You must therefore check the color profiles installed on your computer so that NX Studio can use them.

Sincerely,

Nikon customer support

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 8:28 AM

You’re welcome.

3 replies

Dec 4, 2022 6:37 AM in response to ilCianna

On your mac's dock click on Launchpad > Other > ColorSync Utility. There in the Profiles list you will find all the color profiles installed on your mac.

It appears what Nikon is saying is use the default RBG color space that came on your mac. When NX was installed on your mac NX does not install any additional profiles. In other words you shouldn't need to made any changes.

I'm assuming of course you have NOT hardware color calibrated your monitor with a colorimeter. If you have then use the profile that was created by your calibration device. It will also be found in the same list.

How can I check the color profiles installed in my MacBook Air ( macOS Monterey 12.6.1 ) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.