You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Italian apps for Apple TV

I live in UK and use Apple TV. I would like to access both Italian apps and UK apps for Apple TV. Impossible?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 3:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 9:22 AM

The App Store differs by region, and is always tied to the region of your Apple ID account.

If the app developers want to make apps available to multiple regions, then they can do that.

Note that many TV content providers have geolocation limits, most often because of content licensing, so even having the app would not make it functional outside national borders.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 4, 2022 9:22 AM in response to David Wilkinson6

The App Store differs by region, and is always tied to the region of your Apple ID account.

If the app developers want to make apps available to multiple regions, then they can do that.

Note that many TV content providers have geolocation limits, most often because of content licensing, so even having the app would not make it functional outside national borders.

Dec 4, 2022 10:22 AM in response to David Wilkinson6

My VPN deals with your “geolocation limits”.

They’re not ‘my’ limits. I’m just a user of Apple products, much like yourself.

Just want to know if there is a way to acquire and load apps other than through the regional App Store.

There is not. Maybe more things can be done with a second account, set to a different region? Idk, I haven’t tried that option myself.

Italian apps for Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.