You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 plus freezing and rebooting constantly, started yesterday

I have an iPhone 7 plus, it was updated to the latest IOS 15.7.1 between 1-2 weeks ago.

Starting yesrterday afternoon, it started freezing, then rebooting. Then I would be able to use it for a few minutes and then it would freeze and reboot again. Sometimes, it shows a black screen with a spinning wheel for a bit before it reboots. A little reseach shows that there was a bug back in iOS 11 called CVE-2018-4124 where iphones had this exact same behavior and information says that the bug caused the Springboard to crash.

My analytics data shows a lot of logs recently listing panic full no successful check-ins from Springboard in 180 seconds......

It sounds like the same bug. Are there any other reports of this recently? How do I fix it?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 9:58 AM

It might be time for a new battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Tgcrivard

It might be time for a new battery.

Batteries degrade over time with usage, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

iphone 7 plus freezing and rebooting constantly, started yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.