You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Favorite buttons

I need to delete Favorites that pop up -- like Yahoo, Trip Advisor, Bing, etc. I don't want my homepage to be Amazon.com. I have cleared history until I'm blue in the face. I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use. This is a brand new iMac; not an iPhone. I just used an antivirus today and still can't get rid of Favorites. They're either buttons or a little list of stuff under the Search field. What in the **** do I have to do????????

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2022 5:15 PM

I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use.

You can do that. Read Organize your Favorites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support describes how to add, edit, or remove them.

To change Safari's Start Page, read Customize a start page in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

I just used an antivirus today ...

Never use such things. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2022 5:15 PM in response to jastroeve

I want to be able to edit those Favorites to reflect websites I use -- not those I don't use.

You can do that. Read Organize your Favorites in Safari on Mac - Apple Support describes how to add, edit, or remove them.

To change Safari's Start Page, read Customize a start page in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

I just used an antivirus today ...

Never use such things. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk.

Favorite buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.