You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to connect my iPhone to a printer

I am unable to connect my phone to a printer

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 4:47 PM

Hi,

Which exact printer model are you using?

In order to print from an iPhone, one would normally need an AirPrint-enabled printer (see the list in About AirPrint - Apple Support). How to print is described in the article Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Some non-AirPrint (wireless) printers can be used if the printer manufacturer supplies a special iOS app.

A USB printer could be used via a Mac computer (acting as a print server) and a Mac application like Printopia.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2022 4:47 PM in response to chyanne131

Hi,

Which exact printer model are you using?

In order to print from an iPhone, one would normally need an AirPrint-enabled printer (see the list in About AirPrint - Apple Support). How to print is described in the article Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Some non-AirPrint (wireless) printers can be used if the printer manufacturer supplies a special iOS app.

A USB printer could be used via a Mac computer (acting as a print server) and a Mac application like Printopia.

I am unable to connect my iPhone to a printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.