You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steps to burn Blu-ray on FCP with Monterey 12.6?

I just bought a Blu-ray and DVD burner from OWC. When I select Blu-ray/AVCHD in Final Cut as the output and the burner as the tool for a burn, FCP appears to process the burn and then says it was successful. But the disk is still blank! I get the same result with a DVD. What am I not doing right?

With thanks for your help!

Duncan

Mac Studio

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 3:11 AM

You seem to be doing everything right.

If you choose Device: Hard Drive, does it create a disk image file (with extension .img)?

If so, then perhaps you can use that to burn an actual disk in the Finder. That is what I always did back when I used DVD... it allows for testing before actually burning a disc, and also to make multiple copies without reexporting. I have never used BluRay.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Duncan Knowles

You seem to be doing everything right.

If you choose Device: Hard Drive, does it create a disk image file (with extension .img)?

If so, then perhaps you can use that to burn an actual disk in the Finder. That is what I always did back when I used DVD... it allows for testing before actually burning a disc, and also to make multiple copies without reexporting. I have never used BluRay.

Dec 10, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, thanks a million! Plus a million more! I created both a Blu-ray file and a DVD file on the Hard Drive instead of on the burner, then asked it to burn them. And it did!

Then I discovered that a reason it wouldn't burn before was that the "Layers" setting was set to "Double Layer". By setting it to "Single Layer" it will now burn a Blu-ray directly to the burner.

But your idea of first putting a file on your desktop for quicker burning instead of going through the full FCP export process each time, makes a lot of sense.

Luis, I am very grateful for your direction that put me on the course to a solution. Thank you. Duncan

Steps to burn Blu-ray on FCP with Monterey 12.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.