You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airprint is enabled but my iphone can't see it

airprint is enabled on my Brother printer but my iphone can't see it

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 9:23 AM

Thank you Jan. Yes, your assumption is correct, same network. I recently replaced my cable modem box, installed an Eero mesh system (I love the Eero system, it really fixed my dead spots), a new 5-port network switch. Bad me. I should have known with all the changes to power down everything and repower. I did just that after I posted for help and my Brother printer popped right up as a printer on my iPhone. I appreciate the feedback. It confirmed what I should have done. Ya'll have a good Holiday. Thank you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Thank you Jan. Yes, your assumption is correct, same network. I recently replaced my cable modem box, installed an Eero mesh system (I love the Eero system, it really fixed my dead spots), a new 5-port network switch. Bad me. I should have known with all the changes to power down everything and repower. I did just that after I posted for help and my Brother printer popped right up as a printer on my iPhone. I appreciate the feedback. It confirmed what I should have done. Ya'll have a good Holiday. Thank you.

Dec 9, 2022 3:36 PM in response to bar_keep

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that the Brother printer and the iPhone are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router)?

If there is a problem with AirPrint device discovery, you could try the following procedure (in this order, with these waiting times): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other connected devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers

Dec 10, 2022 10:46 AM in response to bar_keep

You're welcome! Glad to hear that it is working.

If applicable/necessary/possible, you may want to connect the Brother printer by Ethernet to the Wi-Fi router (instead of wirelessly). AirPrint works with wireless or wired network connections.

See also this article: https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/73618/~/compatibility-with-5-ghz%2C-dual-band-wireless-router%2C-or-mesh-networks

airprint is enabled but my iphone can't see it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.