You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting safari tabs back on iPad Pro iOS

On my iPad Pro ios I often have multiple safari windows open When I double click home button and have them all show I have swiped up accidentally on wrong safari windows and lost all the open tabs. Many of those tabs are in privacy mode

How can I get that window and all its tabs back

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 2:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2022 3:49 PM in response to Neophyte8

Tabs that are opened in Private Browsing mode are, by design, not stored in your iPad history. Once closed, this tabs/windows cannot be recovered.

Other recently closed Safari tabs can be recovered. Touch-and-hold the blue “+” icon at top right of the Safari window to see a list of recently closed tabs; tap the entry that you wish to restore.

An accidentally closed Safari window can also be reopened. Starting from a Home Screen, assuming that Safari is visible in the Dock, touch-and-hold (i.e., long touch) the Safari icon; an Action Menu will appear.

From the menu, select Show All Windows; you will now see a screen that closely resembles the Task Switcher - but you will only see preview windows for your open Safari Windows. At top right (or for iPadOS16, top-left) you will see the Reopen Closed Window(s) button.

You should note that the Reopen Closed Window(s) button allows you to reopen a window for a limited period of time.

Getting safari tabs back on iPad Pro iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.