You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor has lower resolution on M1 Studio??

I have a NEC Multisync LCD 2690WUXi and I just upgraded my mac to a Studio M1. Using a DVI to USB C cable, my maximum resolution now in the software display control panel is 1280x720. I can’t get the 1920 x 1080.  I have checked "show all resolutions." but 1920 is not available.  

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? 

Mac Studio, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 9:10 AM

FYI: I was able to update the default settings to 1920 x 1080 using this app. !!!  And I got my system to work.

waydabber/BetterDisplay: Unlock your displays on your Mac! Smooth scaling, HiDPI unlock, XDR/HDR extra brightness upscale, DDC, brightness and dimming, dummy displays, PIP and lots more!

github.com

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2022 10:01 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Cable Matters Short USB C to DVI Cable (USB-C to DVI Cable) 3 ft - Thunderbolt 4 / USB4 / Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076TDXYJG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

and

OWCTB4DOCK

OWC Thunderbolt Dock with Thunderbolt cable. Add three Thunderbolt + four USB ports, Ethernet, audio, and card reader functionality to all Apple silicon M1 and M2 Macs, Thunderbolt 3 equipped Macs and Thunderbolt 4 PCs; 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty.

Monitor has lower resolution on M1 Studio??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.