You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Default Calendar Not Working

I am on iOS version 16.1.1 . Although I have set my (Google) calendar default to the calendar I use most often (all on my devices), new events that I add on my iPhone are now being created in a calendar that is not my default. How do I correct this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 6:27 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2022 6:35 PM in response to Aliber

Hello Aliber,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You mentioned your default calendar so may have checked it on iPhone already. If not, check to make sure that your Google calendar is set as default using these steps from Set up multiple calendars on iPhone.

"Set a default calendar

You can set one of your calendars as the default calendar. When you add an event using Siri or other apps, it’s added to your default calendar.

1. Go to Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar.
  2. Select the calendar you want to use as your default calendar."

If the default there looks right, try creating an event and check to see which calendar it is being added to. Try disabling that calendar from Settings > Calendar > Accounts > [Account name]. Then, test again by adding a new event. It could be that this is related to a particular account.

Take care.

iPhone Default Calendar Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.