You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit sharing not working

Hi there!

I've updated all my devices (iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV and Mac) to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, etc... and updated my HomeKit installation to the new architecture that came with iOS 16.2.

However, I accidentally deleted my partner from my home and can't add his profile back...

I can send the invitation, he receives it, accepts it, then nothing happens and his name disappears from the list of people in the home. I have repeated this process several times, but nothing seems to be working!

Can someone help? I hope I don't have to reset my whole HomeKit configuration...

Thanks.

Alex.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:58 AM

After some more troubleshooting I discovered that the issue here lies within the home hubs. It appears that the user data isn’t synced correctly with the upgrade.

To resolve the issue

1. Unplug all home hubs in your Home
  2. Restart your devices
  3. Plug in only one home hub and wait for it to become connected in the Home app
  4. Remove anyone who had issues accepting the invite if their broken profile persists in your Home
  5. Send new invites
  6. Once they have joined, you can connect the remaining hubs, the new data will propagate to the others as they come online

This worked for me, but it may not for everyone. Let me know if this helps.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Alex23h23

After some more troubleshooting I discovered that the issue here lies within the home hubs. It appears that the user data isn’t synced correctly with the upgrade.

To resolve the issue

1. Unplug all home hubs in your Home
  2. Restart your devices
  3. Plug in only one home hub and wait for it to become connected in the Home app
  4. Remove anyone who had issues accepting the invite if their broken profile persists in your Home
  5. Send new invites
  6. Once they have joined, you can connect the remaining hubs, the new data will propagate to the others as they come online

This worked for me, but it may not for everyone. Let me know if this helps.

Jan 8, 2023 10:08 AM in response to Gregg187

Wait for a software update from Apple.

Anyone who is still having this issue needs to wait until Apple fixes this issue, most likely with another iOS update. This is what Apple recently announced at Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

"We temporarily removed the option to upgrade to the new Home architecture. The option to upgrade will return soon. If you already upgraded, you are unaffected by this change."

Dec 17, 2022 10:40 AM in response to Devisevib

The advise from Devisevib worked for me. Appears all of the home hubs (including HomePad and Apple TVs) need to be manually rebooted in order to sync correctly after the iOS 16.2 update.

This is what I did that worked for me:

1. Unplug all Home hubs (including HomePods and Apple TVs) in your Home. Don't unplug any other Home Accessories (don't unplug smart switches, locks, etc.)
  2. Plug in only one Home hub (in my case, I plugged in a HomePod) and wait for the hub to become reconnected in the Home app. This happens automatically.
  3. Check to see if you need to remove anyone who had issues accepting the original invite (in my case, there wasn't any original invitation to remove)
  4. Send a new invite from your Home app to the other person
  5. Once the other person has accepted your invite, you can plug in the remaining hubs. The new data propagated to the other person who accepted my invite.
  6. Done

HomeKit sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.