You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open links

I just purchased a new MacBook Air. It came with MacOS Monterey Version 12.5. I cannot open links from emails. I saw a previous conversation on the Apple Support Community that indicated I must use a different browser. I've been a Firefox user forever. Do I have to give it up now?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Set FireFox to your default browser on the System Preferences > General panel. Clicking on a link in Apple Mail will open it in Firefox. Mine just did with Firefox 107.0.1. If you upgrade to Ventura, the Default web browser is located in Settings > Desktop & Dock panel after you scroll downward near the bottom of that content.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 14, 2022 2:02 PM in response to SunBuns

Set FireFox to your default browser on the System Preferences > General panel. Clicking on a link in Apple Mail will open it in Firefox. Mine just did with Firefox 107.0.1. If you upgrade to Ventura, the Default web browser is located in Settings > Desktop & Dock panel after you scroll downward near the bottom of that content.

Cannot open links

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.