You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a problem accessing iCloud Drive all files

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 7:06 AM

gdwiz Said:

"is there a problem accessing iCloud Drive all files: Thanks, but a question what do you see when you select the 'All Files' option? I get only a page that says 'Loading' and nothing else happens. All of my other selections will download information, Mail, Photos, etc."

-------

Thanks for the clarifications.

A Few Things Here:

A. File Quantity and Size:

There is an error connecting to Apple's servers, or there are thousands of files to download. Backed up eMails can be in the thousands with little space, yet Movies can be a single file with large size. So, it is still trying to load the page for you to access it. Give it a few.

B. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then turn it back on, seeing if you get a disconnection error. If not, then the page is stuck loading. If so, then there much yet to be open. If there is a Spinning Wheel, then that indicates that there is network activity.

C. Try in Safe Mode:

You might want to try performing this in Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, and certain system files are set aside so things run much smoother.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 7:06 AM in response to gdwiz

gdwiz Said:

"is there a problem accessing iCloud Drive all files: Thanks, but a question what do you see when you select the 'All Files' option? I get only a page that says 'Loading' and nothing else happens. All of my other selections will download information, Mail, Photos, etc."

-------

Thanks for the clarifications.

A Few Things Here:

A. File Quantity and Size:

There is an error connecting to Apple's servers, or there are thousands of files to download. Backed up eMails can be in the thousands with little space, yet Movies can be a single file with large size. So, it is still trying to load the page for you to access it. Give it a few.

B. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then turn it back on, seeing if you get a disconnection error. If not, then the page is stuck loading. If so, then there much yet to be open. If there is a Spinning Wheel, then that indicates that there is network activity.

C. Try in Safe Mode:

You might want to try performing this in Safe Mode. While in Safe Mode, login items do not open at login, and certain system files are set aside so things run much smoother.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.