You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 16.1.1

Updated my iPad to IOS 16.1.1. Most annoying is the fact that you no longer swipe up from the bottom left corner to close open apps. When I swipe up from the bottom left corner, it takes a screenshot. Can I disable this feature?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 5:21 AM

Swipe-upwards from the bottom edge (not the corners) of the screen to access the App Switcher. A diagonal swipe from the bottom right or left corners of the screen are different gestures - for triggering a screenshot and opening QuickNote.

None of these functions have changed in transition from iPadOS15 to iPadOS16.

You can configure the corner-swipe gestures from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Gestures >

• Left Corner Swipe - select from Off, Quick Note, Screenshot
  • Right Corner Swipe - select from Off, Quick Note, Screenshot

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 5:21 AM in response to ahimsa1998

Swipe-upwards from the bottom edge (not the corners) of the screen to access the App Switcher. A diagonal swipe from the bottom right or left corners of the screen are different gestures - for triggering a screenshot and opening QuickNote.

None of these functions have changed in transition from iPadOS15 to iPadOS16.

You can configure the corner-swipe gestures from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Gestures >

• Left Corner Swipe - select from Off, Quick Note, Screenshot
  • Right Corner Swipe - select from Off, Quick Note, Screenshot

ios 16.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.