You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i click on a song an error message says file cannot be located.......this is on my pc which is not an Apple product, and I have never had this problem before.

what can i do to fix problem on laptop when an error message says file cannot be located in my itunes library?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:04 PM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2022 5:20 PM in response to jclara001

Hello jclara001,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you’re receiving an error on your PC when trying to play music. We are happy to help.

Are you using iTunes? Are you an Apple Music member? Do you have security software enabled, such as VPN or antivirus software? If so, we recommend disabling the security software and then restarting the PC, so that the settings take affect.

Please make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes using the steps here: Update to the latest version of iTunes for Windows 10 - Apple Support

If you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store

"Versions of iTunes from the Microsoft Store update automatically when new versions are released.

You can also check for updates through the Microsoft Store."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

When i click on a song an error message says file cannot be located.......this is on my pc which is not an Apple product, and I have never had this problem before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.