You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts shared from other accounts on new phone

I got a new phone and when my stuff was transferred from my old phone, it also brought contacts from both my children’s Apple accounts. We’ve had this problem before and my son tends to get my texts and phone calls. I don’t know how to fix this on a new phone. Please help

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 3:33 PM

You will share content such as a contacts list, email and texts if you use the same account, either an Apple ID or an email address. Is this how you have set up your devices?

A shared Apple ID will make your devices behave as if they belonged to one person. A shared email will similarly send the same messages to several people.

If this is the case create new accounts for those currently sharing the same account so that the content is no longer shared. There are some good tips on how to achieve this by Eric Root in this conversation.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2022 3:33 PM in response to kjgchamp13

You will share content such as a contacts list, email and texts if you use the same account, either an Apple ID or an email address. Is this how you have set up your devices?

A shared Apple ID will make your devices behave as if they belonged to one person. A shared email will similarly send the same messages to several people.

If this is the case create new accounts for those currently sharing the same account so that the content is no longer shared. There are some good tips on how to achieve this by Eric Root in this conversation.

Contacts shared from other accounts on new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.