You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I not able to convert music to mp3 so I can download it to my mp3 player?

Why am I not able to convert music to mp3 so I can download it to my mp3 player?

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 2:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 3:01 PM

Hi,

Convert music file formats in Music on Mac – Apple Support (UK).

Note you can’t convert music downloaded from your Apple Music subscription. If purchased from iTunes Store, make sure file has been downloaded.

Jim

2 replies

Dec 18, 2022 3:07 PM in response to cstiles1960

cstiles1960 Said:

"Why am I not able to convert music to mp3 so I can download it to my mp3 player?"

--------

Modify a Duplicate on a Computer:

Use Only a Computer: If you are talking about music form iTunes Store, then the only way to try this is to use a computer. You would login to iCloud on it, or iTunes, and download it. Once download it, right-click on the icon, and then select"Duplicate". Once duplicated, modify the duplicate's extension to MP3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.