You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parmount + not recognized on Apple TV

I am able to log into Parmount+ on their site and my Walmart subscription is recognized; however, when I go to the Apple TV app, it wants me to subscribe. If I delete the app, can I restall Parmount + would this fix the problem. Help!

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:15 AM

The Apple TV app utilizes a different subscription, where Apple hosts those inside app (and on their servers)along with other perks like family sharing and offline viewing. If you subscribed directly with Paramount you need to go to the App Store to download their app.

4 replies

Dec 19, 2022 2:09 PM in response to runswithdaisies

Unfortunately that's due to the fact that they are two separate subscriptions. That being said, you can still connect Paramount's app to Apple's so that content can be added to the up next queue.

Now if you find you already have access to Apple's app on all your devices it may make more sense to switch to that subscription

Subscribe to Apple TV+ or an Apple TV channel in the Apple TV app - Apple Support (CA)

Feb 1, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Cuddlemutt

They are separate subscriptions, one is hosted by the original provider in their native app vs Apple who has partnered with the provider to host it within their app (using their servers) and allow users to subscribe there for a more seamless experience.

If there is a glitch that is currently allowing that scenario that may be a temporary workaround but won’t necessarily guarantee a long term solution.

Amazon also offers channels and they work exactly the same.

It’s not a matter of paying twice, but rather making a decision based on which app you want to use and subscribing accordingly.

Parmount + not recognized on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.