You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura 13.1 on MacBook Air M2 - Can not log out form my Apple ID

Hi there,

does any one have the same issue after upgrading to MacOS Ventura 13.1?

I want to log out my Apple ID form the laptop and re log in but when I get to system settings and I click on my name (Apple ID), the information load very slow and not completely and I can not scroll down to the bottom of the form to click on log out.

I tried over and over and it is not working. I managed only once to get to the bottom after many tries and once I clicked on the log out button the system just hanged there for a while with the spinning wheel and then nothing happened and the form turned completely blank.

The few times some information loaded, I click on iCloud and I noticed that the settings for "Private Relay" keeps in status "loading" ... which is very weird. Can not get to that setting and disable this feature.

I tried to log out using '"find my" and log the system out form there, but the only option I have then on my Mac is just to try to log in again... there is no option to log out completely.

Is there any bug about it? I could not find anything and I do not have "Screen time" enabled... I saw on other posts that could block the logging out.

Thank you for suggestions.

Regards

GG

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 2:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:37 AM

I had the same issue. Apparently Private Relay hangs on loading that's why. To solve the problem first close the system setting and open it. Go quickly to you ID then iCloud settings and turn of Private Relay. After that you'll no longer have the problem

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 20, 2022 3:43 AM in response to hamzisse

GREAT. I tried earlier but I was not fast enough :)

I clicked away very fast and managed to get to the disable Private Relay screen on time before the whole set up froze and wiped away any setting.

I managed to switch off private relay which was not working any more... I believe because of scripting that Sophos antivirus released lately... and system is now responding properly.

Thank you for suggestion.

Cheers

GG

Dec 20, 2022 1:02 PM in response to Mikeykt

Hi 👋,

I had to try several times. You need to be very fast in clicking on iCloud menu then Private Relay. Just click on the options once, there is quite a delay.

Even at the end of the process when you get the final pop up, you click but feels like nothing happens but all is saved… I just waited a bit.

Pity Private Relay is off now. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

Good luck 🍀

GG

Ventura 13.1 on MacBook Air M2 - Can not log out form my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.