You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my recovery key

Dear sir/Madam

I lost my recovery key and my phone is cracked so I need my Apple ID account and password and I forgot my Apple ID password so please sand my recovery key thank you

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 12:21 PM

Hi Khalid,

What you can do depends upon the security system you are using

From: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support (if you use the newer two-factor authentication)

• With two-factor authentication and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.
    • When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.
    • "Using a recovery key ... means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."
    • Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery.
    • See the document for how to generate a key. Apple mobile devices and Macs only.

If instead you are using Two-step verification for Apple ID, read: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

This link will take you directly to the paragraph of the document dealing with a lost recovery key issue: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support :

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.

2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.

3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2022 12:21 PM in response to Khalid9672

Hi Khalid,

What you can do depends upon the security system you are using

From: How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support (if you use the newer two-factor authentication)

• With two-factor authentication and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.
    • When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.
    • "Using a recovery key ... means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."
    • Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery.
    • See the document for how to generate a key. Apple mobile devices and Macs only.

If instead you are using Two-step verification for Apple ID, read: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

This link will take you directly to the paragraph of the document dealing with a lost recovery key issue: Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support :

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.

2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.

3. In the Sign-In and Security section, click Recovery Key > Change Recovery Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Sign-In and Security section, then you are not using two-step verification.

I lost my recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.