You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Function

Hi, I have a daughter with an iPhone. I, however, do not have an Apple device. How would I manage/utilize the Family Sharing function?

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 3:38 AM

Hello Iuan,

Unfortunately you cannot. Managing Family Sharing requires using an Apple device. Some Apple services are a available if you log into iCloud.com but Family Sharing isn't one of them. Additionally you can use some services on a PC or Android, but despite somewhat confusing phrasing such as "When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription" in the article Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support, apparently that is limited to sharing Apple Music and not full management you might wish to have available with a child.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2022 3:38 AM in response to luan125

Hello Iuan,

Unfortunately you cannot. Managing Family Sharing requires using an Apple device. Some Apple services are a available if you log into iCloud.com but Family Sharing isn't one of them. Additionally you can use some services on a PC or Android, but despite somewhat confusing phrasing such as "When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription" in the article Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support, apparently that is limited to sharing Apple Music and not full management you might wish to have available with a child.

Family Sharing Function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.