You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Travel US to NZ accessories question

Other than wall plug adapters - what accessories do I need for my macbook, iphones, and apple watch when travelling from US to NZ? Specifically car charger and any other charging peripherals where my US cords and plugs won't work. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 11:33 AM

Hello highlandmist11,

For charging in a vehicle, there's no special accessories you would need. Cars in a foreign country use the same 12V "cigarette lighter" style outlet as US cars. If it's a more modern car, then it will most likely have USB-A or USB-C ports in it for charging just like newer cars in the US that you plug your lightning cable directly in to.

Charging in a car would be no different in another country. The power adapters are only different when charging through a regular household outlet since different countries use different plug styles and different voltages.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2022 11:33 AM in response to highlandmist11

Hello highlandmist11,

For charging in a vehicle, there's no special accessories you would need. Cars in a foreign country use the same 12V "cigarette lighter" style outlet as US cars. If it's a more modern car, then it will most likely have USB-A or USB-C ports in it for charging just like newer cars in the US that you plug your lightning cable directly in to.

Charging in a car would be no different in another country. The power adapters are only different when charging through a regular household outlet since different countries use different plug styles and different voltages.

Cheers!

Travel US to NZ accessories question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.