You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant change apple id password - Unexpected HTTP response: undefined undefined

Whenever I try to change my apple id password I get the error "Unexpected HTTP response: undefined undefined". I tried it several times, even in incognito mode. Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 7:13 PM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2022 5:35 PM in response to WebDevGuy

Hey there WebDevGuy,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to provide some assistance.

To help isolate this issue, are you able to try a different browser? If the issue occurs with another browser, try a different device. Take a look here on how you can change your Apple ID password on different devices:

Change your Apple ID password

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Dec 31, 2022 12:35 AM in response to WebDevGuy

I found the same issue happening when I went to Change Password on Windows 11 using Google Chrome.

I looked at Chrome Developer Tools when on the Change Password and could see a few JavaScript errors that related to React, one other interesting error was related to a Content Security Policy violation, I wonder if a Chrome add-on as trying to inject code into the website DOM and causing issues, because it referenced an inline script which Apple doesn't allow per it's Content Security Policy HTTP header.

Edit: It appeared to be Vue Dev Tools which was causing the Content Security Policy error as it had the setting of run on all sites. It however isn't the cause of the error as it still happens.

For me I went on incognito mode and it was OK, so I can only assume something within my Google Chrome profile was interfering.

I would try another browser as suggested to rule it out.

Cant change apple id password - Unexpected HTTP response: undefined undefined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.