You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music transfer from iPhone to iPhone

With the installation of iOS 16 on my new iPhone 14 Pro, the album artwork is all screwed up? The music is there...all 2000 songs, but the the artwork is randomly assigned to any album? The music was transferred from my iPhone 13 to the 14 using the Apple phone transfer process when the new phone arrived. I hoped that either the 16.1 or 16.2 updates might fix, but it ain't happening. The artwork appears correctly in my iMac, and was correct on my 13 at the time I transferred? Based on the boards here, I'm guessing I'm the only person on the planet who is having this problem? Help! Please!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 5:52 PM

Hey Mefromnv,

We'd be happy to help out. It's not entirely clear what could be causing this to occur, however if your artwork isn't appearing as expected on just your new iPhone 14 Pro, you might want to consider disabling "Sync Library" for Apple Music and enabling it again in order to get things back in sync and showing up the way you expect.

To do so, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Settings app
  2. Tap on Music
  3. Disable 'Sync Library'
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Go back to Settings app
  6. Tap on Music
  7. Enable 'Sync Library' again and give your iPhone some time to finish the sync process.

Leave your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and to it's charger during the sync process.

For more info on enabling 'Sync Library', check out: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2022 5:52 PM in response to Mefromnv

Hey Mefromnv,

We'd be happy to help out. It's not entirely clear what could be causing this to occur, however if your artwork isn't appearing as expected on just your new iPhone 14 Pro, you might want to consider disabling "Sync Library" for Apple Music and enabling it again in order to get things back in sync and showing up the way you expect.

To do so, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Settings app
  2. Tap on Music
  3. Disable 'Sync Library'
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Go back to Settings app
  6. Tap on Music
  7. Enable 'Sync Library' again and give your iPhone some time to finish the sync process.

Leave your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi and to it's charger during the sync process.

For more info on enabling 'Sync Library', check out: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Music transfer from iPhone to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.