You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launchpad not working

For some reason, the launchpad won't work on my MacBook Pro running Ventura. When I click it, whether in the Dock, Finder, Spotlight, or with a keyboard shortcut, it appears for about one display frame before instantly disappearing. Sometimes, it doesn't even work at all and nothing happens. But what's weird is that when I use a trackpad gesture to open it, it suddenly works and opens. However, I can't use a trackpad as I'm using my Mac in clamshell mode with a mouse. It's getting real annoying. Why's this happening and how should I fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 12:53 PM

Howdy DrYeet,

It sounds like the Launchpad feature on your Mac isn’t working correctly all the time. We know how important having a working Launchpad is for you, and we will help get you to the right place to find a resolution.

The first thing is a normal restart of your Mac. This simple step can resolve issues like this.

Shut down or restart your Mac

Next, make sure you are running the latest macOS 13.1

Update macOS on Mac

If still having issues, then try another user account. This will narrow it down to either a user or system issue.

Farewell!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2022 12:53 PM in response to DrYeet

Howdy DrYeet,

It sounds like the Launchpad feature on your Mac isn’t working correctly all the time. We know how important having a working Launchpad is for you, and we will help get you to the right place to find a resolution.

The first thing is a normal restart of your Mac. This simple step can resolve issues like this.

Shut down or restart your Mac

Next, make sure you are running the latest macOS 13.1

Update macOS on Mac

If still having issues, then try another user account. This will narrow it down to either a user or system issue.

Farewell!

Launchpad not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.