You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I’m on a warranty can I take my phone to a repair shop and get it repaired for free?

If my phones on a warranty can I take it to a repair shop to get it repaired for free?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:57 AM

It depends on a number of factors. If you purchased AppleCare+, you can get accidental damage repaired for a small fee.

If it's only under the 1-year Limited Warranty, then it only covers manufacturing issues. From Apple-

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and the Apple-branded accessories that come in the box with your product against manufacturing issues for one year from the date you bought them...If your situation isn’t covered, you’ll pay a fee. If the issue with your iPhone is ineligible for service, you might pay the full replacement value. (bold mine)
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2022 2:57 AM in response to Austin_cornacc

It depends on a number of factors. If you purchased AppleCare+, you can get accidental damage repaired for a small fee.

If it's only under the 1-year Limited Warranty, then it only covers manufacturing issues. From Apple-

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and the Apple-branded accessories that come in the box with your product against manufacturing issues for one year from the date you bought them...If your situation isn’t covered, you’ll pay a fee. If the issue with your iPhone is ineligible for service, you might pay the full replacement value. (bold mine)

If I’m on a warranty can I take my phone to a repair shop and get it repaired for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.