You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dynamic Island Animation Lag

I noticed this from time to time that when I swipe up from a Dynamic Island compatible app like Youtube Music, Clock (Timer) or Waze, the first swipe up is choppy and laggy. After the first swipe, it seems to go back to normal. I tried restarting my phone multiple times and it only fixes it for a moment and comes back later on.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

I'm running on iOS 16.2 (iPhone 14 Pro)

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 3:55 AM

I eventually did a full restore from iTunes (iOS 16.3) after coming to no solution in fixing this issue. The issue seemed to have improved. However, I still experience the lag from time to time. It just comes randomly and I really hope Apple addresses this issue as I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks for all the replies!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 3:55 AM in response to ISAranghae

I eventually did a full restore from iTunes (iOS 16.3) after coming to no solution in fixing this issue. The issue seemed to have improved. However, I still experience the lag from time to time. It just comes randomly and I really hope Apple addresses this issue as I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks for all the replies!

Dec 28, 2022 9:55 AM in response to ISAranghae

Hello ISAranghae,

To help troubleshoot performance issues, ensure your iPhone has at least 1GB of free storage, as this will help processes run smoothly. You can check the storage by tapping Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Check out that suggestion here: If your iPhone or iPad is running slow

If the issue continues, then reach out to Apple Support directly to help investigate the behavior. You can use the following link to reach out: Contact Apple Support

Best regards.

Dynamic Island Animation Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.