You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mouse problems

For years I have used Logitech mice (?? mouses??) with my last four MBP's but for the first time my mouse no longer moves the cursor or clicks an action or button. I use the wireless units with a usb plugin receiver, currently a M315 with one AA cell. It was working fine up to yesterday but today, nothing. I checked the AA cell, full 1.5 v. on the meter; I went thru all settings I could find for the mouse, nothing worked; the System Preferences screen for the mouse only shows a bluetooth Apple mouse, no generic unit. Asking Siri and the HELP menus have nothing.

Is there a menu somewhere that turns on/off a wireless mouse? I'd hate to pull out a wired mouse, no usb's, this is a 2018 with 4 T-bolt 3 ports. Or do I have to pony up the $$$ for an Apple bluetooth mouse? It's weird that one day a generic mouse works and the next it quits. In fact, all four of the generic mousies I have do not work. Any thoughts??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Belay my last. Problem resolved, bad contacts in usb-3 hub. ok now. Thanks for reading.

1 reply

mouse problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.