You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to all my phone data when I set up a new Apple ID for my iPhone

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 5:58 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities yecap,

We can certainly understand your concern and see you came to us from the article If you forgot your Apple ID password .

To answer your question, some data are attached to the Apple ID account like iCloud Photos, iMessages, purchases, etc. When creating a brand new account this data will not transfer. However, you can recover from a iTunes backup in order to restore most of the information that is not account specific. Check out this link on how to recover from a iTunes backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2022 5:58 PM in response to yecap

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities yecap,

We can certainly understand your concern and see you came to us from the article If you forgot your Apple ID password .

To answer your question, some data are attached to the Apple ID account like iCloud Photos, iMessages, purchases, etc. When creating a brand new account this data will not transfer. However, you can recover from a iTunes backup in order to restore most of the information that is not account specific. Check out this link on how to recover from a iTunes backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.