You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail icon badge only showing iCloud mail, not other mail unread

Recently I’ve noted that only my

iCloud unread mail is showing up on my mail icon badge. I have three emails set up using iOS mail, and I used to be able to see a badge number reflective of all the unread mail across the three email accounts. Now when I have unread mail, the number only changed if the unread mail belongs to the iCloud account. Which is frustrating. I’ve tried turning badges off for mail and on again. And it still only shows iCloud unread mail.

is this a feature update I missed during the last update?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:17 PM

Hey there Shelza-AUS,

Let's team up to get the badge app notifications working right with your other two email accounts. To start, we'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did this start to occur?
  2. If you refresh the inbox for those two other email accounts, do you see any change with the Mail app badge notification number?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  4. Since you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.
  5. Have you tested removing, then adding back one of the affected email accounts to test for the same issue?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2022 6:17 PM in response to Shelza-AUS

Hey there Shelza-AUS,

Let's team up to get the badge app notifications working right with your other two email accounts. To start, we'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. When did this start to occur?
  2. If you refresh the inbox for those two other email accounts, do you see any change with the Mail app badge notification number?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  4. Since you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.2. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.
  5. Have you tested removing, then adding back one of the affected email accounts to test for the same issue?

Cheers!

Mail icon badge only showing iCloud mail, not other mail unread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.