You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typing problem in photos

For some reason beyond me there seams to be a problem when I try to type in both the info box and photo title, either the typing disappears Halfway through whatever I am typing and I get a PING sounder the photo goes into edit mode.

I did see that this has been reported on the community forum before but I could not find any answer.

Is there an answer??

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:10 AM

Which system version do you have installed?

You are hearing the "ping", whenever the focus is lost (the cursor has been moved out of the textfield where you are typing). When the focus is no longer on the text field, the characters you are typing will be interpreted as keyboard shortcuts - for example hitting the spacebar while then no longer enter a blank character but open the Editor. It using the ⌫ key to erase a typo may cause the currently selected photos to be deleted.

It is difficult to avoid this problem, we just have to make sure the pointer is not moved out of the textfield and Photos has enough memory to work with. When Photos starts to beep, I quit and restart Photos. And quit all other apps that I do not need to be open at the same time. That will help for a while.

When I have to type a longer text, I simply write it first into a note and copy and paste the text all at once into the caption field of a photo.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2022 3:10 AM in response to Alexander7893

Which system version do you have installed?

You are hearing the "ping", whenever the focus is lost (the cursor has been moved out of the textfield where you are typing). When the focus is no longer on the text field, the characters you are typing will be interpreted as keyboard shortcuts - for example hitting the spacebar while then no longer enter a blank character but open the Editor. It using the ⌫ key to erase a typo may cause the currently selected photos to be deleted.

It is difficult to avoid this problem, we just have to make sure the pointer is not moved out of the textfield and Photos has enough memory to work with. When Photos starts to beep, I quit and restart Photos. And quit all other apps that I do not need to be open at the same time. That will help for a while.

When I have to type a longer text, I simply write it first into a note and copy and paste the text all at once into the caption field of a photo.

Typing problem in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.