You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change Apple ID because email address is not vetted?

I’m attempting to change my current Apple ID to a different ID/EMAIL that I previously had deleted from a separate acct. but get “email address is not vetted” any help please?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Email addresses used with Apple IDs have a waiting period before they can be used again with another Apple ID.

Apple does not provide any specific time frame,s but people have found having to wait between 30 days and up to a year before the email address is released from the system and can be used with another Apple ID.

Beyond waiting and seeing if it becomes available at some point, your only other option is to get a new email address that has never been used with an Apple ID before. There are several free providers including Yahoo, Outlook, and others.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2022 3:14 PM in response to jaygarcia916

Email addresses used with Apple IDs have a waiting period before they can be used again with another Apple ID.

Apple does not provide any specific time frame,s but people have found having to wait between 30 days and up to a year before the email address is released from the system and can be used with another Apple ID.

Beyond waiting and seeing if it becomes available at some point, your only other option is to get a new email address that has never been used with an Apple ID before. There are several free providers including Yahoo, Outlook, and others.

Unable to change Apple ID because email address is not vetted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.