You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not ringing when phoned

iphone 12mini not ringing when I get a phone call.

Sometimes it will ring and other times it won't ring.

Richard

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:25 PM

Hey Richard,

Does your iPhone still vibrate when you get a call? If so, it's likely that the ringer is being switched on or off (possibly by accident - see: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support). If your iPhone is also not vibrating then it's possible you have a Focus mode enabled (otherwise known as "Do Not Disturb"). More information on Focus modes can be found here: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Let me know if this information is of use to you and if you need further help.

Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2022 9:25 PM in response to Ric 2 2

Hey Richard,

Does your iPhone still vibrate when you get a call? If so, it's likely that the ringer is being switched on or off (possibly by accident - see: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support). If your iPhone is also not vibrating then it's possible you have a Focus mode enabled (otherwise known as "Do Not Disturb"). More information on Focus modes can be found here: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Let me know if this information is of use to you and if you need further help.

Thanks.

Dec 30, 2022 9:48 PM in response to Ric 2 2

Ric 2 2 Said:

"iPhone not ringing when phoned: iphone 12mini not ringing when I get a phone call. Sometimes it will ring and other times it won't ring. Richard"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Ringer:

A. Start here: If you can't Make or Receive Calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

B. Disable "Do Not Disturb":

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone not ringing when phoned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.