You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Public place on the web to list serial numbers of stolen Apple devices.

I have a question prompted by Ebay listings and this old thread:

can I get my stolen ipad through its seri… - Apple Community

I just noticed on ebay that the iCloud Activation Locked iPad with serial number J7***FM0 is listed as item.

I'm wondering if folks have heard of a public place on the web to list serial numbers (and/or IMEIs) of stolen Apple devices. By public, I mean where the numbers are likely to be indexed by the top search engine(s).

(I am familiar with places that accept reports of stolen IMEIs and serial numbers where they aren't made public, but my experience with them actually retaining a readily searchable repository of them has been poor.)

I presume this site may be such a place.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Cell 5G

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 12:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:51 PM

MrElvey wrote:
... serial number <censored> is listed as item <censored>.
... a public place on the web to list serial numbers (and/or IMEIs) of stolen or found Apple devices. By public, I mean where the numbers are likely to be indexed by the top search engine(s). ...

Nope, it's not. This page was briefly findable by searching for the S/N, but '[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]' implies serial and item numbers are considered personal info and not allowed here. :-(

Not surprised. Thefts are a major reason new devices are purchased...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2023 8:51 PM in response to MrElvey

MrElvey wrote:
... serial number <censored> is listed as item <censored>.
... a public place on the web to list serial numbers (and/or IMEIs) of stolen or found Apple devices. By public, I mean where the numbers are likely to be indexed by the top search engine(s). ...

Nope, it's not. This page was briefly findable by searching for the S/N, but '[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]' implies serial and item numbers are considered personal info and not allowed here. :-(

Not surprised. Thefts are a major reason new devices are purchased...

Public place on the web to list serial numbers of stolen Apple devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.