You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my search bar at the bottom of my screen?

Why is my search bar on safari showing up at the bottom I’d my screen? Is there a fix?

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 2:04 PM

Hello nathelia,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the location of the address bar in Safari. Follow the steps listed here to change the layout: Change the layout in Safari on iPhone

"Change the layout in Safari on iPhone

In the Safari app , you can choose the tab bar layout that works best for you. Depending on the layout, the search field appears at the top (Single Tab layout) or bottom (Tab Bar layout) of the screen.

Go to Settings  > Safari, then scroll down to Tabs. Select either Tab Bar or Single Tab.

A screen showing two Safari layout options: Tab Bar and Single Tab."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 2:04 PM in response to nathelia

Hello nathelia,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the location of the address bar in Safari. Follow the steps listed here to change the layout: Change the layout in Safari on iPhone

"Change the layout in Safari on iPhone

In the Safari app , you can choose the tab bar layout that works best for you. Depending on the layout, the search field appears at the top (Single Tab layout) or bottom (Tab Bar layout) of the screen.

Go to Settings  > Safari, then scroll down to Tabs. Select either Tab Bar or Single Tab.

A screen showing two Safari layout options: Tab Bar and Single Tab."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Why is my search bar at the bottom of my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.