You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV registration: No iTunes Account, but no iOS device

I tried to sign up for Apple TV, but I get an error message stating I need an iTunes account. I have an Apple ID and I've logged in to iCloud and Apple's website, but neither seems to create an iTunes account. I can't find a way to do so without downloading iTunes, but I don't have an iOS device I can use to download iTunes. Is there a way to do this on a PC or Android phone, or is Apple TV really just for people with iOS devices?

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 2:46 PM

An Apple ID account needs full user details as asked, including name, DoB, country (+state), a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method. Then your Apple ID account becomes also valid for iTunes Store purposes (like subscribing and renting and buying).

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Cartwheels

An Apple ID account needs full user details as asked, including name, DoB, country (+state), a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid payment method. Then your Apple ID account becomes also valid for iTunes Store purposes (like subscribing and renting and buying).

Apple ID support - Official Apple Support

Apple TV registration: No iTunes Account, but no iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.