You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link text from a list to different tables on the same spreadsheet

Hello, I want to be able to click an item in a list on a sheet that then snaps me to the applicable table on the same sheet. I can only find a way to link text to a different sheet, but I am certain I have been able to do this before

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:49 PM

Keep in mind that if the tables are on the same sheet then you can go up to the "tab" and make a choice from the dropdown to navigate to a table.

Putting each category in a separate table most likely not nearly as efficient as putting items in the same table with a Category column. Then you can use SUMIF, filters, and Pivot Tables to extract summaries by category.

For an example of how that can look have a look at the 'Personal Budget' template at File > New in your menu.

SG

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 4:49 PM in response to 1234x

Keep in mind that if the tables are on the same sheet then you can go up to the "tab" and make a choice from the dropdown to navigate to a table.

Putting each category in a separate table most likely not nearly as efficient as putting items in the same table with a Category column. Then you can use SUMIF, filters, and Pivot Tables to extract summaries by category.

For an example of how that can look have a look at the 'Personal Budget' template at File > New in your menu.

SG

SG

Link text from a list to different tables on the same spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.