You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Screen Time

Hi there,

I have just upgraded from iPhone 7 to iPhone 13.

I am not able to change the settings regarding "Content & privacy restrictions" under "Screen Time".

More specifically, even if I set everything to unrestricted, the main setting is stuck on "Block inappropriate content'

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:09 PM

It sounds like you're having trouble changing the settings for "Content & privacy restrictions" in the Screen Time feature on your iPhone. Here are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

1. Make sure that you have the correct permissions: To change the content and privacy restrictions settings, you'll need to be the parent or guardian of the device or have the device passcode.
  2. Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then slide the slider to turn off your iPhone. Once it's off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. Reset the Screen Time feature: Go to Settings > Screen Time, then tap "Turn Off Screen Time". Tap "Turn Off" again to confirm. Then, tap "Turn On Screen Time" to turn it back on and set it up again.
  4. Check for updates to iOS: Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Kikko2020

It sounds like you're having trouble changing the settings for "Content & privacy restrictions" in the Screen Time feature on your iPhone. Here are a few things you can try to fix this issue:

1. Make sure that you have the correct permissions: To change the content and privacy restrictions settings, you'll need to be the parent or guardian of the device or have the device passcode.
  2. Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then slide the slider to turn off your iPhone. Once it's off, press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  3. Reset the Screen Time feature: Go to Settings > Screen Time, then tap "Turn Off Screen Time". Tap "Turn Off" again to confirm. Then, tap "Turn On Screen Time" to turn it back on and set it up again.
  4. Check for updates to iOS: Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

iPhone Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.