You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant pair my apple watch series 3 to my iphone x. it gets stuck on preparing. any tips?

how can i pair it i need help my apple watch 3 keeps on saying preparing

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:00 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2023 1:11 PM in response to lily_______

Greetings lily_______,

To confirm, are you seeing "Preparing" after updating watchOS while pairing the Apple Watch? If so, does this show on the watch or the iPhone in the Watch app? The reason we ask is to ensure there right steps are taken for reaching a resolution.

If the Apple Watch doesn't show anything on the screen such as the Apple logo with dash progressing around it, and the Apple Watch was previously paired with another iPhone, you'll want to begin with the steps listed below. You can also find these steps, along with the additional steps that are recommended in the following article.

1. "Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the "i" button I button next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
  3. Tap again to confirm, then wait for the watch to unpair.
  4. After Apple Watch unpairs, you can pair again."

If you can't pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone

Let us know how that goes!

i cant pair my apple watch series 3 to my iphone x. it gets stuck on preparing. any tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.