You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail Mailboxes and Smart Mailboxes

I have used gmail and its filtering system for mailboxes for many years. Now I'm using Apple mail and I have all my emails sent from gmail to Apple mail. I would like to use Apple's Smart mailboxes now, so I don't have to go back into gmail to handle the filtering into mailboxes. Do I have to delete all my gmail mailboxes (filters) before I begin to set up the Smart mailboxes?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:17 AM

I think the smart mailbox feature and filters are two different things.

• What smart mailbox does is, to organise of email messages into single mailbox.
  • Where as your gmail mailboxes (filters), used to manage your incoming mail to archive, delete, or automatically forward etc.

You don't need to delete your existing filters (rules).

Info:

Hope it helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:17 AM in response to forvirret

I think the smart mailbox feature and filters are two different things.

• What smart mailbox does is, to organise of email messages into single mailbox.
  • Where as your gmail mailboxes (filters), used to manage your incoming mail to archive, delete, or automatically forward etc.

You don't need to delete your existing filters (rules).

Info:

Hope it helps.

Gmail Mailboxes and Smart Mailboxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.