You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to open account folders in apple mail

I can see the top level folders for my email accounts in the sidebar of there Apple Mail App but I can't open any of them and I also seem to have lost some of the 'Favourites' as well as the 'All New Items' (Not sure if that is the right way it is titled).

Not sure what to do........

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:56 AM

The Link below may supply the needed information to enable " Favourites" in Apple Mail Application

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac

9 replies

Jan 4, 2023 8:15 AM in response to markelliscope

Well, at least some Favorites are already showing.

The names themselves being grey is perfectly normal.

These are not mailboxes or folders, they're labels for each section of the sidebar.

When parking the cursor at or near the word Favorites (resp., "On My Mac", "Smart Mailboxes", etc) - NOT clicking, are sure that the circled + and the ">" (or in the case of Favorites, a "V", as it is already open) are not showing?

unable to open account folders in apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.