You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New MacBook Pro Dead

I ecstatically rec’d a MacBook Pro 14” for XMas. Little did I know heartache would come so soon. I used it to set it up and let the battery die while I was on it. Now it won’t charge or turn on even though I left it charging overnight and still have it attached to the power outlet. I have tried disconnecting it, also plugged into different outlets in different locations. Nothing works. HELP!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:42 AM

Hello FOKMyLifeIOwnAMacNow,

Try some of these troubleshooting steps that Apple recommends:

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

You can contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store if you are still unable to charge your MacBook Pro. If you received a faulty power adapter, Apple with replace or service it under warranty.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2023 9:42 AM in response to lukarked224

Hello FOKMyLifeIOwnAMacNow,

Try some of these troubleshooting steps that Apple recommends:

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working - Apple Support

You can contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store if you are still unable to charge your MacBook Pro. If you received a faulty power adapter, Apple with replace or service it under warranty.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Brand New MacBook Pro Dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.