You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow WIFI connection on MacBook air M1

Is anyone aware of an intermittent slow wifi problem on mac book air. Every now and then my m1 MacBook air running on Big Sur 11.6.2 suffers from an unusably slow wifi connection. when this happens other mac's in the household are running fine so its not anything at the router end. I even loaded up my old MacBook pro 2011 version and that worked fine whilst my fairly new M1 Air could not even load a web page. Not certain but It seems to happen after I have been using an ethernet cable connection via a plugable multiport extender for a while and then switch back to wifi. Its intermittent and maybe only once every couple of months which is odd. The only way I can fix it is to restart the mac, then everything is fine, but clearly not what I expect from a mac. Also it did not use to happen on previous machines I've had, which I used in the same way so seems to have been introduced on the M1 or the more recent O/s's.

Has anyone seen and overcome something similar.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:51 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 5, 2023 3:49 PM in response to Air_user_123

Hi Air_user_123,

We'd like to share some helpful ideas to help with your issue over Wi-Fi. Even with other devices working find over the network, each device will have its own address that communicates between the device and the network. We would recommend starting with Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points and looking over these suggestion and setting to check. If this does not help, you can further check the information in Solve internet connection problems on Mac which may help with some of these steps. If you are still not met with a solution, you will want to consider contacting Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Slow WIFI connection on MacBook air M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.