You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app will not let me sign in

When I try to sign in using my apple-id and press “next” the little loading icon will show up for 20-30 seconds and then disappearing just to show the “next” button again. Any idea on how to fix this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:02 PM

If the Mail app on your iPhone is not letting you sign in and the "next" button keeps reappearing, there may be an issue with your Apple ID or with the Mail app itself. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that you are entering the correct Apple ID and password. The Apple ID and password are case-sensitive, so make sure that you are using the correct upper- and lower-case letters.
  2. Check your internet connection. The Mail app requires an internet connection to sign in, so a weak or unstable connection could cause issues.
  3. Restart your iPhone. This can sometimes resolve issues with the Mail app. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If you are still unable to sign in to the Mail app, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling the app. To delete the Mail app, press and hold the app icon until the icon starts wiggling
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try contacting Apple Support for further assistance. You can do this by visiting Apple's Support website at Official Apple Support,

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 3:02 PM in response to Pat_Therock

If the Mail app on your iPhone is not letting you sign in and the "next" button keeps reappearing, there may be an issue with your Apple ID or with the Mail app itself. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that you are entering the correct Apple ID and password. The Apple ID and password are case-sensitive, so make sure that you are using the correct upper- and lower-case letters.
  2. Check your internet connection. The Mail app requires an internet connection to sign in, so a weak or unstable connection could cause issues.
  3. Restart your iPhone. This can sometimes resolve issues with the Mail app. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If you are still unable to sign in to the Mail app, you may want to try deleting and reinstalling the app. To delete the Mail app, press and hold the app icon until the icon starts wiggling
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try contacting Apple Support for further assistance. You can do this by visiting Apple's Support website at Official Apple Support,

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mail app will not let me sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.