You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Request to save password

Whenever i log onto a website I get the following request,

Would you like to save this password to use with apps and websites ?

I always input "never for this website" but the ipad does not remember and always asks the same question when i log in again.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:46 AM

5 replies

Jan 10, 2023 7:13 AM in response to chamkake

Hello chamkake,

If you are being prompted to save the password to your keychain, you can disable the iCloud Keychain option under Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Passwords and Keychain. Keep in mind that disabling that option with have the following effects:

When you turn off iCloud Keychain, password, passkey, and credit card information is stored locally on your device. If you sign out of iCloud on that device while Keychain is turned on, you're asked to keep or delete that information. 

• If you choose to keep the information, it isn't deleted or updated when you make changes on other devices. 
• If you don't keep the information on at least one device, your Keychain data is also deleted from the iCloud servers.

You can find more details on that feature in this resource: Set up iCloud Keychain

Hopefully that helps address your inquiry.

Take care.

Request to save password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.