You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set up Air Tag with my iPhone… Bluetooth is on, I’m signed it to my iPhone, but the Air Tag is not recognized.

Cannot get my iPhone 14 to pair with my new Air Tag… iPhone never recognizes the Air Tag. Phone is signed in with my appleid and password, and Bluetooth is on.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 12:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:26 PM

If your iPhone is not recognizing your AirTag, there are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure that your AirTag is turned on and within range of your iPhone. The AirTag should be within 30 feet (9 meters) of your iPhone in order for it to be recognized.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID that you used to set up your AirTag.
  3. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone. To turn on Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the toggle to turn it on.
  4. Try restarting your iPhone and your AirTag. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo. To restart your AirTag, press and hold the button on the back of the AirTag until the LED light flashes white, then release the button.
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try resetting your iPhone's settings. This will not delete any of your data, but it will reset all of your settings to their default values. To reset your settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If you have tried all of the above steps and your iPhone is still not recognizing your AirTag, there may be an issue with the hardware of your device or your AirTag. In this case, you may need to bring your device or AirTag to an Apple store or authorized service provider for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 2:26 PM in response to CherylVW

If your iPhone is not recognizing your AirTag, there are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure that your AirTag is turned on and within range of your iPhone. The AirTag should be within 30 feet (9 meters) of your iPhone in order for it to be recognized.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID that you used to set up your AirTag.
  3. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone. To turn on Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the toggle to turn it on.
  4. Try restarting your iPhone and your AirTag. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo. To restart your AirTag, press and hold the button on the back of the AirTag until the LED light flashes white, then release the button.
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try resetting your iPhone's settings. This will not delete any of your data, but it will reset all of your settings to their default values. To reset your settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If you have tried all of the above steps and your iPhone is still not recognizing your AirTag, there may be an issue with the hardware of your device or your AirTag. In this case, you may need to bring your device or AirTag to an Apple store or authorized service provider for further assistance.

Unable to set up Air Tag with my iPhone… Bluetooth is on, I’m signed it to my iPhone, but the Air Tag is not recognized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.