You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 keeps freezing and restarting

My phone keeps freezing while I am using it and then I have to leave it and when it turns back on it has shut itself down and restarts, I have got the latest update, cleared the cache and deleted apps and it still won't work.

Not sure what to do

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 5:35 AM

I have the same problem...IPhone 11 as well and keeps freezing and restarting out of nowhere, I even tried installing the lastest update but it doesn't even install. Did you ma,age to fix the problem ? I don't want to buy a new phone...

13 replies

Jan 6, 2023 2:19 PM in response to Anja2anja

If your iPhone is freezing and restarting, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that you are running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, install it.
  2. Restart your iPhone. This can sometimes resolve issues with freezing or other performance issues. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then drag the slider to turn off your device. After your device turns off, press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
  3. Check for any updates to the apps you are using. Outdated apps can sometimes cause performance issues. To update your apps, open the App Store, tap your profile icon in the top right corner, and tap "Updates". If any updates are available, tap the "Update All" button.
  4. Reset your iPhone's settings. This will not delete any of your data, but it will reset all of your settings to their default values. To reset your settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try restoring your iPhone to its factory settings. This will erase all data from your device, so make sure to back up your important data before restoring. To restore your iPhone, connect it to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone in iTunes, then click the "Restore iPhone" button.

If you have tried all of the above steps and your iPhone is still freezing and restarting, there may be an issue with the hardware of your device. In this case, you may need to bring your device to an Apple store or authorized service provider for further assistance.

My iPhone 12 keeps freezing and restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.