You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Freezes after going to sleep.

Hi All,

My Macbook air M1 runs on Version 12.6.

Its been a while since I'm facing this issue, I am not able to use either trackpad or keyboard after the system goes to sleep.

I am able to unlock the system using the fingerprint button, but no input is possible after that!

Kindly assist, this is frustrating as I have to reboot my Mac everytime after sleep so I can use it again! :(

Regads,

Jerry

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 9:05 PM

Hi All, this issue is because of the logic board. Confirmed! I had my logic board replaced under warranty (luckily) and now the system is fine so far. So people experience the same kind of issue, stop doing the traditional trouble shooting methods and get in touch with the service centre. Mine is a M2 mac and the technician said this is the first time they are encountering the similar issues in M2 mac. For M1 this is a known issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2023 9:05 PM in response to jeriswanderlust

Hi All, this issue is because of the logic board. Confirmed! I had my logic board replaced under warranty (luckily) and now the system is fine so far. So people experience the same kind of issue, stop doing the traditional trouble shooting methods and get in touch with the service centre. Mine is a M2 mac and the technician said this is the first time they are encountering the similar issues in M2 mac. For M1 this is a known issue.

May 1, 2023 2:44 PM in response to gino172

Have the same problem since today after wake up from sleep… keyboard and trackpad freeze! Nothing help i tryed everything from smc reset to hard and nvram reset…. Mouse freezed in the upper left corner, keyboard not working and no light. Just power button works for restart. 1100€ payed macbook! 20 working hours in 1 year! Horrible.

Mac Freezes after going to sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.