You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS/Ventura = Macbook pro crashing regularly, 13in 2019

my MacBook crashes every day: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff023059578): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from dfrd in 180 seconds

any suggestions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:34 AM

5 replies

Jan 11, 2023 9:47 AM in response to papaggaz

Hey there papaggaz,

If your Mac is restarting and displaying a message on screen, try working through the troubleshooting steps below to help correct the issue:

Unexpected restarts are usually caused by software installed on your Mac, or by devices connected to your Mac. If the issue causes your Mac to restart every time it attempts to start up, your Mac might eventually shut down. Use the steps below to check the software and hardware on your Mac.

Check your software
If the issue is caused by software on your Mac, one of these steps might help:
Install all available software updates.
• If your Mac suspects that a particular app caused the restart, it might ask whether you would like to move the app to the Trash. Click Move to Trash, then contact the software developer to see if a software update is available.
• Use safe mode to try to isolate the cause of the issue.
Reinstall macOS. If the issue continues after reinstalling macOS, check your hardware.

Check your hardware
Learn how to check your connected devices and other hardware.

Check peripheral devices first
If you don't have any devices attached to your Mac, skip to the next section.
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. Disconnect all peripheral devices, such as hard drives or printers. If you have a desktop Mac, make sure that only a display, keyboard, and mouse or trackpad are connected.
3. Turn on your Mac.
4. Use your Mac for the amount of time that it would usually take for an unexpected restart to occur.
5. If an unexpected restart occurs, follow the steps to check the internal RAM and third-party hardware.
6. If an unexpected restart doesn't occur, turn off the Mac and connect one peripheral device at a time until an unexpected restart occurs.

Check RAM and third-party hardware
Certain models of Mac computers have removable memory (RAM). If you recently installed memory or a hard disk (or SSD), make sure that it's compatible and installed correctly. If possible, remove it and test with the original memory or disk.

Continue with the "Learn more" section for additional help: If your Mac restarted because of a problem

Take care!

Jan 11, 2023 10:40 AM in response to papaggaz

papaggaz wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

2) I have removed all software except for apple, AVG and Malwarebytes. I ensured AVG and Malwarebytes versions are current.

Uninstall the AVF Anti-Vrus software and compare your results.

Uninstall Malwarebutes and compare your results.

Malwarebytes can be run on demand if needed. It does not need to run all the time as a prophylactic.

Third party AntiVirus is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apple’s own built in security:

ref:

macOS - Security - Apple  macOS - Security - Apple

Apple Platform Security - Apple Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

Protecting against malware in macOS

Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

further:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats… - Apple Community

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8841

Jan 11, 2023 10:16 AM in response to hc1111

Thanks for the reply.

1) I have no peripheral devices attached.

2) I have removed all software except for apple, AVG and Malwarebytes. I ensured AVG and Malwarebytes versions are current.

3) I have cleaned out all residual connections to any software except for apple software, AVG and Malwarebytes.

4) The crashing happens after the device goes to sleep.....the device shuts down (not sleep), when it reboots, I get the crash message.

5) I notice the Touch Bar flashes brightly at least twice during the reboots....

macOS/Ventura = Macbook pro crashing regularly, 13in 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.