You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit not working once I add my Apple TV

I recently purchased an AppleTV 4k (Model A2169) to act as a home hub since the iPad I own would no longer be supported as a hub after ios16.

However, the moment I add the Apple TV to my home, all of my lights in homekit become unresponsive. I literally just finished setting up my home again, resetting the hue hub and everything inside HomeKit worked perfectly until the moment I added the Apple TV. I have tried all the tips I could find to fix this and I cannot figure out what the issue is.

Here's a summary of what I tried:

-Deleted home and set up new home

-Reset the Apple TV completely and update it

-Reset the Hue Hub

-Unlinked the hue hub and linked it again to the homekit app (after this I ended up with the lights showing up twice in homekit)

-Signed in and out on Apple TV and added to the home again (made lights unresponsive)

If someone has any suggestions I would be more than happy and grateful to hear them. I am at my wit's end at this point and considering returning this stupid device since it's not doing the one thing I need it to do.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:52 AM

1 reply

HomeKit not working once I add my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.